Tuesday, October 4, 2011

September Favorites

School has started and its October again. Time does fly.

Let's start with
Makeup Favorites:
CHANEL
Illusion D'Ombre in Fantasme (crazy frosty white. only wear this at night)
Illusion D'Ombre in Illusoire (taupe purplish brown. everyday color.)
The texture of these eyeshadows are just fabulous. Kind of creamy and souffle-like, but long lasting and powdery at the same time.
Giorgio Armani
Face Fabric Foundation in shade 1.
Sheer coverage foundation that has a very creamy texture (not liquidy at all)
It does not last on my skin too well, but I almost wear this as a tinted moisturizer. I would like to try more Armani foundation. Maybe the lasting silk something (:P) next time.
NARS
Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow base
This is brilliant. Best eyeshadow base ever. I used to use the Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Linen, which was too thick and creamy...(and it dries up a little bit, but keep in mind that I have dry skin) and this is so lightweight and long-lasting at the same time. Just awesome.
Sugarland Duo Eyeshadow
My immediate response to this duo e/s was "I love the champagne color!" but it turns out that I love the lavender purple shadow as much as the champagne color. The lavender appears more gold than purple. perfect for day time. The champagne is very very glittery (silver glitters) but it doesn't migrate too much when I use the NARS e/s base.
Fashion Items:
Blue Denim shirt with vintage-looking gold buttons:
I got this from a thrift store.
Michael Kores Watch
Rose gold with clear plastic (not so sure what it is, but it feels sturdy and very nice.)
Rebecca Minkoff
Red-leather card and key case that says "I <3 bags, shoes, and boys." (Amen!)
Voluspa candles: from the Voluspa Opulence Collection (Ceramic Candlepot)
6 oz with a 50-hour burn time
KYARA: My favorite, very warm and amber-y. I love this for winter and fall.
Japanese aloeswood, precious woods and amber.
PAGODA: More summery, but if you miss summer, its great to burn this a bit by the window sill. Nice and Beachy.
A warm exotic harmony of Himalayan cedar, honeysuckle and passionfruit resting on a base of musk and sensual Haitian amyris oil.


This is my first time doing this kind of post. Hope you like it. Let me know if I should continue posts like this. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment