Monday, March 24, 2014

Byredo Parfums: Black Saffron Eau de Parfum

BLACK SAFFRON by BYREDO
Eau de Parfum
Made in France
Top: Pomelo, Saffron, Juniper Berry
Heart: Black Violet, Accord Cuir, Cristal Rose
Base: Blond Woods, Raspberry, Vetiver

One of my latest perfume purchases was this beauty of a fragrance, Black Saffron, by ByredoIt is a bit on the synthetic side, not so subtle. It has raspberry accord which gives it a bit of a tang and lusciousness. I hoped for more saffron as per its name sake and more leather. But both of these qualities are not very strong which makes it wearable but there is a bit of both Saffron and leather and it is great as it gives a bit of a dirtiness to the crisp transaprency of cristal rose and berries. The vetiver tones down the uber-feminine qualities and makes it earthy. 
I wasn't such a great fan because of its crisp and almost synthetic quality but it has definitely grew on me as I wear it more and more.
Catherine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment