Saturday, March 29, 2014

Oh my Cream! One of the cutest Beauty boutiques in Paris

I have searched for a good selection of diverse skincare and makeup and it was all hiding in this small Boutique named "OH MY CREAM!" in the 6th Arrondissement in the beautiful and luxe street, Rue de Tournon. It is a quiet little place, also not very far from my favorite pharmacie, City Pharma.
3 Rue de Tournon, 75006

They also do manicure with a great natural nail polish range named Kure Bazaar which is actually an amazing nail polish brand that has great finish, long lasting, while being natural (formulated without Formaldehyde and Dibutylphthalate).
 Antipodes Hosanna H2O Intensive Skin-Plumping Serum
A very interesting serum that feels like a boost of moisture without feeling heavy. It leaves a slightly tacky feeling, reminiscent of hyaluronic acid products. It has a honey-like scent, non offensive and effective. I like to use it in the morning to plump up my skin and it wears great under makeup.
Antipodes is a brand that is very rare to find. It is an organic brand from Australia, not easily found in the USA or in France which explains my over-excitement to see it in person at the boutique. 
Alpha H Liquid Gold
The cult Glycolic Acid Treatment. And I am in the bandwagon. It truly delivers. 
A. It helps with dark spots, post-acne marks, and even active breakouts.
B. The effect is immediate. Put it on the night before and the next day, you will have diminished look of any blemishes or clogged pores.
C. It does not sensitize my skin too much. I would avoid it if you already have problems with chemical peels, but my skin loves it and it really works.

Fine print:
Be warned. Some people use it daily at night, but I would only use it every other day to avoid over-exfoliation. NEVER use it in conjunction with other chemical peels. If you used a chemically exfoliating scrub or another serum with any AHA or BHA, do avoid layering them on the same night. Last thing is to use sunscreen the next day. Exfoliating takes the top layer off your skin (whether it be the dead skin cells or clogged pores), it will sensitize your skin a bit. That being said, I would never use it in the daytime. I would only use it at night time for full benefit without exposure to the sun. 

Oh my cream! may be my favorite beauty spot to shop for new innovations as well as great brands that are not so readily available elsewhere. 

Catherine
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment