Friday, March 21, 2014

The Three Masketeers: Three Gorgeous face masks for three different purposes

I love face masks. I have tried many and have struggled to find different ones that work for my skin for different purposes. I have come to a conclusion about face masks and they come in three for me.

Cleansing mask
Exfoliating mask
and Moisturizing Mask

Cleansing mask: 
This is the type for everyday uses. You can use cleansing masks as often as two-three times a week. Clay masks are a type of cleansing masks. Great for clogged skin, combination skin, oily skin, acne-prone skin or just anyone who lives in polluted areas.
Cleansing mask of my choice is Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque.
It is a lightweight clay mask that dries to a hard finish. Cleans the pores like no other without making my poor winter-weathered dry skin uncomfortable.

Exfoliating mask:
Exfoliating masks can be enzyme-based or chemical-based. Most common are AHA (such as Glycolic or Lactic Acid) or BHA (such as Salicylic Acid) based. These can get your pores ultra clean and help with lightening the hyper-pigmentation or dullness. Could get tingling sensation and a bit of redness but it will pass. You should not use it in the morning because it will make your skin too sensitive to the sun. But amazing for night time use so the next day you can look glowing in the morning.
REN Glycolactic Renewal Mask
Quite an intense exfoliating mask with both Glycolic Acid and Lactic Acid. I only use it once a week and I believe it keeps my skin problems at bay such as hyper-pigmentations and blemishes. 

and Moisturizing Mask:
This is the type of masks for dry, sensitive, and/or dehydrated skin. Great to use anytime such as night before a big event or in the morning. And Unlike other masks that need to be washed off, you can keep it on through the night. 
Galénic Argan Oil Extreme Comfort Mask
(from French Pharmacies)
Good but not the best. One that I would recommend is Origins moisturizing mask with Apricot oil. I have very dry skin and I usually wear it as a sleep mask when I go to bed.

Catherine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment